Neuromuscular electro-stimulation device for DVT prevention
Clinically proven in increaseing blood circulation, arterial and venous bloodstream and microcirculationRegister and download the brochure
Request technical information
What is the geko™ device?
- The geko™ device powered by Onpulse™ neuromuscular electro-stimulation technology, is clinicaly proven to increase blood circulation which can help a range of conditions, including the prevention of venous thrombosis (VTE), prevention and treatment of oedema and for promoting wound healing. It is used in hospitals (NHS and private), clinics and at home.
- The geko™ device may be used by anyone* who might benefit from increased, lower limb circulation and a reduction of blood stasis.
- It has been shown that the enhanced level of circulation provided by the OnPulse™ technology has significantly increased blood flow and blood velocity which is relevant for the prevention and treatment of oedema, wound healing, the prevention of DVT and a range of other circulatory disorders (A.T.Tucker et al. Int. J. Angiol. 2010; 19 (1); e31-e37).
The geko™ device is indicated:
- to increase blood circulation
- for the prevention of venous thrombosis
- for the prevention and treatment of oedema
- for promoting wound healing
- for the treatment of venous insufficiency and ischemia
- for promoting healing of tendon and ligament injury
What it does and how it works
- The geko™ device, powered by OnPulse™ neuromuscular electro-stimulation technology, is clinically proven to increase blood circulation which can help in a range of conditions.
- Small electrical impulses gently stimulate the common peroneal nerve behind the knee which in turn activates the calf and foot muscle pumps of the lower leg that return blood towards the heart.
- In this way, neuromuscular stimulation in the lower limb emulates the process normally achieved by walking (up to 60%) but without the patient having to move or exert energy and without discomfort.
- A simple, self-adhesive device that is applied to the back of each knee, the disposable, one-size-fits-all geko™ device is designed to avoid the need for more complex procedures.